As I’ve said before, I’m a big fan of quick breads. I love the simplicity of them and the fact that you can make them in so many different flavors. I’ve made Strawberry Sour Cream, Apple Cinnamon Raisin, Double Chocolate Toffee, and Blackberry Sour Cream! I’ve always loved dates and being that they are paired with molasses makes this bread taste divine. It’s moist, delicious and goes perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea!
Ingredients are as follows:
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup boiling water
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. Soak the dates in the boiling water for 15 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add
the egg, molasses, and date mixture, and blend on low speed. Add the
remaining ingredients and continue mixing on low speed until combined.
4. Pour the batter in the loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool in the pan a few minutes, then remove. Slice, serve and enjoy!