I love eggs! I eat a fried egg with cheese every morning for breakfast. It fills me up and I know I’m getting a good source of protein to start the day. I like to buy good quality eggs and Nellie’s Free Range Eggs are packed with 13 essential vitamins and minerals, high-quality protein, “good” fats and antioxidants, and all for a mere 72 calories apiece…Nature’s perfect food!
At Nellie’s, all hens are in a Certified Humane, free range environment. This guarantees that on every one of our small farms:
- Hens live in “floor barns” (i.e. no cages or levels) and have plenty of space to perch and socialize.
- They have easy access to the outdoors with real grass to peck, play and dust bathe.
- The have access to antibiotic free feed and fresh water 24/7.
- And much more.
When the hens do need, or want, to be inside our barns, they still have dirt scratch areas, perches, and nesting boxes where they can engage in their natural behaviors.
As you can see, these eggs come from top quality farms that produce top quality eggs! Nellie’s Eggs is asking parents and kids to get into the kitchen and prepare delicious egg-centric recipes during its own “Nellie’s Summer School” this June.
They sent me this adorable mini skillet and coupons so I could get started, and we decided to make one of our favorite recipes; Crepe Cake. It’s filled with strawberry cream cheese and topped off with whipped cream. It’s the perfect summer treat!
The mini skillet made it so easy to have the same size crepes every time, and they stacked up beautifully. I sweetened the cream cheese with strawberry preserves, however you can choose whatever flavor you’d like…enjoy!
- 1 egg
- 1 C milk
- 1 C flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. strawberry preserves
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
- Heat the mini skillet up over low heat.
- Place a spoonful of batter into the skillet; swirl the batter around until it covers the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, flip the crepe over and continue to cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Place on a plate and continue with the remaining batter.
- Mix the cream cheese and preserves together until combined.
- Lay one crepe on a plate then spread on some of the cream cheese filling; continue layers until the crepes and filling are gone.
- Top with fresh whipped cream if desired!
Would you like to win a mini skillet and coupons too?
All you have to do is enter the giveaway below!
Please note that I was provided with products and a $25 visa card to do this post,
however the opinions expressed are my own!