Fudge is a delectable treat, but making it the old-fashioned way takes time and it doesn’t always set up properly. One time it’s hard as a rock and the next time you can’t even get it out of the pan because it’s too runny. Recently I made peanut butter fudge in the microwave and the result was a creamy, melt in your mouth fudge! I was amazed at the texture, how simple it was to make, and you don’t even need marshmallows or fluff. This time I decided to make it with a chocolate hazelnut spread like Nutella. I’m happy to say that it turned out just as creamy and delicious as the peanut butter fudge. Now you can whip up creamy, delicious fudge any time you get the craving!
- 1 C butter (not margarine)
- 1 C chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C powdered sugar
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan; set aside.
- Place the butter in a bowl, and melt in the microwave.
- Stir in the chocolate hazelnut spread and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in the powdered sugar.
- Place back in the microwave and cook for one minute on high.
- Remove from microwave; with an electric mixer, whip (start slowly) 2-3 minutes or until the fudge becomes creamy.
- Pour into greased pan, place in the fridge to set up.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!