Ingredients are as follows:
- 1 cup Crisp Apple
Sparkling Ice Beverage (or apple juice)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup Splenda Sugar Blend
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ cups Splenda Sugar Blend
- ½ cup ground cinnamon
Directions: Part 1: Making the donut dough
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together, on medium high speed for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time until combined. Slowly pour in the milk and half of the Crisp Apple Sparkling Ice to the mixing bowl.
the mixer on slow speed add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and
salt until just combined. The dough should look shaggy.
- Slowly pour in the remaining amount of Crisp Apple Sparkling Ice on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Tear 2 pieces of parchment paper the size of a baking sheet.
- Line the first piece of parchment on a clean baking sheet and heavily dust with flour.
out the dough onto the floured parchment and press evenly till its
about 3/4 inch thick. (If the dough seems too sticky flour your hands
flour the top of the dough and place the second piece of parchment over
the dough. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- In a deep frying pan, heat enough oil to come up 2 inches from the bottom to 375 degrees using a candy thermometer.
- Gently peel the top piece of parchment off the dough.
- Using a floured donut cutter, punch out dough and place in hot oil.
- Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until light brown. Adjust the heat if needed. Scoop on paper towel lined baking tray.
- Combine cinnamon and splenda in a large bowl.
- While the donuts are still warm, toss with cinnamon and splenda mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is provided by Sparkling Ice