Now let’s see how she makes this beautiful bread…
4 oz. package 60% Cacao bittersweet chocolate baking bar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups mashed (very ripe) bananas
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (for the topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray one 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low heat. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Add
the egg, bananas, milk, and melted chocolate. Mix on low speed until
4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add
the flour mixture and 1/2 cup of walnuts to the wet mixture. Mix on low
speed until combined. Pour the batter into the loaf pan evenly. Sprinkle
the top with 1/4 cup of walnuts.
5. Bake for 65 – 67 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
When the bread is completely cooled. Wrap well in plastic wrap and
place in a freezer bag. Label the bag and freeze up to 2 months.